Ingredients for Vermicelli Biryani in English
* Vermicelli/semiya(roasted) – 2 & 1/2 cup
* mixed vegetables,chopped – 3/4 – 2 cup
* Onion – 2 small
* Tomato(optional),small – 2
* Mint leaves – 10 leaves
* Chopped coriander leaves – 3 tsp
* Coconut milk,thin – 1 & 1/4 cup
* Salt – As needed
To grind to a smooth paste
* Elachi – 2
* Cinnamon – small piece
* Cloves – 2
* Star anise – a small portion
* Fennel/soambu – 1 tsp
* Ginger – 1 inch piece
* Green chillies – 4
* garlic – 5 flakes
* Oil+ghee – 3-5 tblsp
* Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 tsp
* Bay leaf – 1
How to Make Vermicelli Biryani in English
1. Roast the vermicelli with a tsp of ghee in medium flame,evenly with out changing its colour(if it not raosted vermicelli),you can also skip this part too. Grind the items given under to grind table to a smooth paste with very less water.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan(I used pot shaped cooker) with oil and temper with the items given under to temper table.
3. Add sliced onion fry till onion turns just transparent and add the ground paste. Fry in medium flame for 3 minutes,taking care to not to burn it.
4. Add the chopped veggies along with tomato and the mint and coriander leaves and fry in medium flame for 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to boil,add required salt.
5. Then add the vermicelli.Let it boil till it absorbs all the coconut milk and then keep the flame in lowest possible and cook covered for 6 minutes.
6. Garnish with cashews fried in ghee if you want,or just simply with chopped coriander leaves.serve hot hot with raita of your choice.