Ingredients for Uggani Recipe in English
* Puffed Rice – 10 cups (boruglu/murrilu/marmaralu)
* Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
* Green chillies – 4 slit
* Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
* Roasted chick peas – 4 tsp (dalia/putnala pappu)
* Dessicated coconut – 1 tsp (optional)
* Lemon juice – 1 1/2 tsp
* Peanuts – fistful, roasted and peeled
* Salt to taste
* Fresh coriander for garnish
* For tempering/poppu/tadka:
* Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp (optional)
* Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
* Urad Dal – 1 1/2 tsp
* Curry leaves – 15
* Oil – 1 or 2 tsp
How to Make Uggani Recipe in English
* Take a deep bowl and fill with 6 liters of water. Add the puffed rice and allow to soak for 4 mins. Using your hands, squeeze out water from the puffed rice and place in a bowl.
* Grind roasted chickpeas and dessicated coconut to a fine powder and keep it aside.
* Heat oil a heavy bottomed vessel, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add cumin seeds(Jeera), urad dal(Minumulu in Telugu) and saute till the dal turns red. Add curry leave and green chilli and saute for a few seconds.
* Add the chopped onions and saute for 6-8 mins. Add turmeric powder, puffed rice, ground powder and salt and mix well. Toss for a mt. Add lemon juice and roasted peanuts and turn off flame.
* Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot warm with mirchi bajji.