Ingredients for Rice Kheer | Rice Payasam in English
* Rice – ½ cup
* Milk – 2 liters
* Cardamom powder – 2-3
* Almonds(chopped) – 8-10
* Cashew(cut) – 8-10
* Sugar – 1 cup
* A few saffron threads were soaked in warm milk
How to Make Rice Kheer | Rice Payasam in English
* Wash the rice and soak it for 1 hour.
* Keep the milk boiling in a heavy bottom vessel, after the milk is boiled, add soaked rice in it and cook on low flame till the rice cooked and milk becomes thick.
* Cook on low flame or else the milk will be stuck in the vessel.
* After cooking the rice, add cardamom powder, chopped cashew nuts and almonds, add saffron milk.
* When the milk becomes thick and remain ¼, then sugar continues to run continuously until sugar completely dissolves.
* Serve hot after cooling off the flame.