(Pineapple Moru Curry, Pineapple cooked in buttermilk gravy)
Ingredients for Pineapple Pulissery (Pineapple Buttermilk Curry) Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Pineapple – 1 cup (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/3 cup
- Green chillies – 2-3
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
How to Make Pineapple Pulissery (Pineapple Buttermilk Curry) Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Cut the lower crown of the upper crown of the pineapple peel with sharp knife to remove eyes.
- Cut into long strips and discard the coarse core. Cut into small pieces.
- To get a smooth paste, grind coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds with water.
- Beat the curd and keep it ready.
- Boil the pieces of pineapple with about 1/4 cup water, turmeric powder and salt.
- After about 5-7 minutes, when the pieces are tender, add ground coconut paste.
- Reduce flame and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off and add the beaten curd.
- Add coconut oil in another small vessel. When it gets hot,Pop the mustard seeds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds, dried red chillies and curry leaves in hot oil.
- Switch off and add this aromatic seasoning mixture to the pineapple pulp.