(Mushroom Stir Fry, Kerala Koon Thoran, Mushroom Upperi, Kalan Poriyal)
Ingredients for Mushroom Thoran Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Mushroom – 250 grams (1/2 lb)
- Onion – 1/2 (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
To Coarsely crush
- Grated Coconut – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Cumin/Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chili – 1
- Pepper – 3 seeds
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chili – 1
- Curry leaves – few
How to Make Mushroom Thoran Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Clean the mushrooms with a clean cloth and cut it. Keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add dry red chilli and curry leaves in it.
- Add chopped onion and turmeric. saute for a minute.
- Add chopped mushrooms with salt. Cover with lid and do not add any water. The moisture from the mushroom is sufficient.
- Meanwhile, crush the coconut with garlic, cumin, green chili and peppercorns. Just add the ingredients in the blender and squeeze a thick mixture.
- After the moisture evaporates in the mushroom, add this crushed mixture.
- Stir fry for couple of minutes and switch off.