Ingredients for Malabar Chicken Curry Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Chicken – 1 kg (cleaned and cut into medium size pieces)
- Cashews – 5-7 (soaked in water)
- Thick (First) coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Thin (Second) coconut milk – 1.5 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
To Fry and Grind
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 3 medium (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 2″ piece (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 1 bulb (roughly chopped)
- Tomato – 2 small (roughly chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Pearl (Sambar) onions – 5 or 1/4 big onion (sliced)
- Dry Red chilies – 3
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
How to Make Malabar Chicken Curry Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Heat oil in a sauce pan with a thick bottom. Add fennel seeds, chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for half an minute and then add onions. saute until it turns golden brown colour.
- Then add tomato pieces, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Cook for a few minutes and turn off. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Once it cools down, take it in blender and grind it with a little water in a soft flour. Now the masala is finished. keep that a side.
- Reheat the same pan or take a new pan and add some oil. Add pieces of chicken and fry them for 3-4 minutes until they become opaque. This roasted chicken gives very good texture.
- Add the above masala, required salt and fine coconut milk. (See detailed contribution to the extraction of coconut milk here).
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, soak cashew nuts in thick milk of coconut.
- Add this smooth paste to the gravy. Reduce heat and boil for another 5-7 minutes. The gravy is now thick and creamy.
- Switch off and transfer the curry to a serving dish.
- To make the tempering, heat oil in a small pan.pop the mustard seeds Add chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add dried chilli and curry leaves and switch off.
- Pour this aromatic oil in the curry. Cover it with lid until it is ready to seal the aroma. Delicious creamy chicken curry is ready.