(Naadan Chicken Curry, Nadan Kozhi Curry, Kerala Style Chicken Curry, Country Chicken Curry)
Ingredients for Kerala Nadan Chicken Curry Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut into medium size pieces)
- Onion – 6 (sliced thinly)
- Ginger – 2″ piece (crushed)
- Garlic – 1 bulb (crushed)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Red chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Whole Spices – 1″ cinnamon, 2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 1 tsp Fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp Peppercorns (or use store bought chicken masala powder)
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut pieces – 2-3 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
How to Make Kerala Nadan Chicken Curry Recipe in Hindi English Marathi Gujarati Bengali Tamil Telugu All Indian languages
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
- Reduce heat and put fenugreek seeds. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry leaves and all the crushed whole spices. (Reserve a pinch to add at the end.)
- Cook for about half a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and saute. Add salt to accelerate the process.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes till golden brown and pesty.
- Mix salt, turmeric, cilantro and chilli powder. Mix and fry for a few seconds to awaken the aroma of the spices.
- Add pieces of chicken and mix to cover with spices.
- Cover and cook in its own juice for about 5 minutes.
- Add the required amount of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add pieces of coconut at this point. As long as the oil separates from the sauce, reduce the heat and cover it for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, add a pinch of chopped spices and fresh curry leaves.
- Turn off and serve the cover.