Ingredients for Homemade Hyderabadi Chicken Haleem | Ramadan Special & Famous Food in English
* Chicken ( Boneless ) – 500 grams
* Ginger Paste – 3/4 Tsp
* Urad dal – 1/3 Cup
* Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 Tsp
* yoghurt (curd) – 1 Cup
* Cashews – 5 Tsp
* Peppercorns – 1/4 Tsp
* ghee – 4 Tsp
* Mint Leaves – 4 Tsp
* Lemon Wedges – 6
* Crushed Whole Wheat – 3 Cups
* Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
* Chana Dal – 1/3 Cup
* Turmeric Powdered – 1 Tsp
* Onions – 1 Cup Finely Chopped
* Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 Tsp
* Cinnamon Stick – 1/2 inch
* Coriander leaves – 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped
* Green Chilli – 4-5
* Salt – According to Taste
* Chana Dal – 2 Tsp
How to Make Homemade Hyderabadi Chicken Haleem | Ramadan Special & Famous Food in English
* Wash and soak the cracked wheat for 30 mins.Trim the chicken (boneless).
* In the chicken, add 1/2 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste, 1/2 tsp of salt, red chillis powder, 1/2 of garam masala powder and a 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Pressure cook the mix for 7-10 mins (or until 3-4 whistles) and simmer for another 15-20 mins, and keep aside.
* Boil the cracked wheat along with urad dal and chana dal with a tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, 2-3 green chillies, and pepper corns in 9-10 cups of water until it’s cooked completely and the water is absorbed. Blend this mix for a few seconds.
* Heat the oil in another pan, add whole spices,remaining green chillies, half a cup fresh coriander and saute for a 2-4 minutes. Add curd and saute for another 10-20 mins. Add three cups of water and bring to a boil.
* Add the blended wheat and mix well while adding a 2 tsp ghee as you go. Let it simmer and cook slowly for at 30 mins an hour.
* Serve hot chicken haleem, garnished with fried onions, cashew nuts, lemon wedges and fresh coriander.