Ingredients for Bombay Halwa – Karanchi Halwa in English
* Corn Flour – 1 Cup
* Sugar – 2 Cups
* Water – 3 Cups
* Melted butter – ¼ Cup
* Cardamom powder(Elachi) – ¼ Tsp
* Chopped nuts(almonds, cashews, pista) – 1 Cup
* Eating red – 2 Pinches
* Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
How to Make Bombay Halwa – Karanchi Halwa in English
* Heat the sugar and 2 cups of water in a non stick embryo.
* Put corn flour in a large vessel, add 1 cup water and stir well.
* When the sugar is melted, add the solution of corn flour to the sugar. Keep the flame slowly and keep the mixture running continuously and keep stirring while removing it from the bottom of the pan, the mixture should not stick in the pan. (The mixture takes about 15 minutes to thicken)
* When the mixture starts to thicken, add lime and color to it. The sugar from the lime is not able to solidify again and the pudding remains spongy.
*Now add half ghee to the mixture and keep on running continuously when the mixture absorbs all the ghee and keep one spoon and keep ghee. (After mixing ghee, the mixture is cooked for about 15 minutes)
* Add cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
* When the mixture absorbs all the ghee and becomes transparent and shiny, spread it out in a square flat vessel. Let cool for 2-3 hours.