Ingredients for Baby Potato Biryani Recipe | Small Potato Biryani Recipe in English
* Basmati rice – 1 1/4 cup
* Small/Baby Potato – 20
* Onions – 2
* Tomato – 2 small
* Water – 1 1/4 cup
* Curd – 1/4 cup
* Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
* Ginger – 1 small piece
* Salt – According to Taste
* Coriander seeds – 1 Tsp
* Red chillis – 3-5
* Coconut scrapping – 2 Tsp
* Green chillis – 4
* Oil – 4 Tsp
* Bay leaf – 1
* Cinnamon – 1 small piece
* Elachi – 2
* Clove – 2
How to Make Baby Potato Biryani Recipe | Small Potato Biryani Recipe in English
* Wash and soak rice for minimum 15 minutes. You can soak it for longer time.
* Pressure cook small potatoes for 3 whistles and peel off the skin after cool down.Clean coriander leaves.
* Fry coriander seeds and red chilli until golden brown colour. Grind it along with washed coriander leaves, coconut, green chilli and ginger. Use the curd for grinding.
* Grind smoothly. Heat pan with 3 tsp of oil and add the boiled potatoes. You can prick the potatoes with fork(only once) for masala getting inside it easily.
* Roast in medium flame until golden brown colour. Heat a small pressure cooker with oil with a elachi,a cloves and a small piece of cinnamon. Add sliced onion and fry for a 2 minutes.
* Add finely chopped tomato and fry till soft. Add the ground paste and give it a stir. Add the roasted potatoes and required salt. Add oil if needed while frying the potatoes.
* Cook in medium flame for 4-6 minutes until oil separates from the masalas . Add the soaked rice drained from water. Add 1 & 1/4 cups of water and mix well. Check for salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles or 15 minutes in lowest flame. At the same time, dont break the rice while mixing.