Ingredients for Baby Corn Pakoda in English
1. 12 Baby Corn
2. Pinch of baking soda
3. 3 small green onions (for garnishing)
4. 1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
5. Salt to taste
6. 3 tbsp Gram Flour
7. 1 tbsp Corn Flour
8. 3 to 5 Garlic pods (peeled and crushed)
9. 3 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
10. Some ginger pieces (finely grated)
11. 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
12. 1 tbsp hot oil
13. ½ tsp Chaat Masala
14. Oil for deep frying
How to make baby corn pakoda in English
* Wash the baby corns and let them dry on a kitchen towels.
* Take a big bowl add all the flours, garlic, green chilli, ginger. Now adding little by little water make a thick batter. Mix it well without any lumps. Make sure to beat the batter for full 6 minutes so that the batter gets light.
* Add hot oil, chopped coriander, salt, baking soda and mix it well.
* Heat the oil in a kadai. When the oil is hot, put a drop of the batter in the oil. If the drop comes up immediately that means the oil is ready.
* Reduce the flame to medium.
* Now take a baby corn and dip it in the batter such that it is evenly coated with it. Put it in the hot oil. Repeat the process for 6 more baby corns.
* Fry these baby corns till they are golden brown in colour. Make sure not to overcrowd the kadai.
* Take them out and drain on absorbent paper.
* Garnish it with chopped green onion.
* Serve these Hot hot baby corn pakoda with ketchup or chutney.